Monday, March 22, 2010

TODAY IS THE DAY FOR THE WEARIN O THE GREEN!

TOP O THE MORNIN TO YE ALL YE LADS AND LASSES!

I was working hard on an Irish family traditional dinner that my first three children would look forward to and delight in. That's when Pyper said "what is for dinner?" When I told her corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and green jello and irish soda bread! she said "ew!"

I was getting grumpier and grumpier as the time was getting later and irish soda bread was not happening. Finally in desperation I put green food coloring in corn bread and just skipped the soda bread all together. I was about ready when Kanon said he was getting scared and didn't know if he wanted to eat tonight. ERGGGG! Wheres you Irish spirit?

Pyper was noticing the dark cloud brewing above my head when she said "Mom do we have any Irish music?" No! I thought .....wait a minute......yes...on a cassette tape in my closet in a box there is some great Irish music. Pyper found it and cranked it! It helped.

Then.... door bell! What? who? Pyper didn't catch the leprechans but we discoverd a treat for me and shamrocks all over the front door with a thank you note from my laurel class.....awwww what sweeties.....Okay This day is getting better! by the time dinner was served Pyper and I were dancing a jig and I didn't mind the apprehension about my meal anymore.

Kanon actually loved the corned beef! shorren be gorrin. Tis true! That's no blarney.

5 comments:

Reagan said...

Love this momma! Our friend Brody hadn't ever had corned beef before, and he LOVED it as well. :) Happy Saint Patty's me love.

Shaylee said...

What a cute mom you are Ms. Kandi!

Taylor said...

I'm really hoping you listened to The Irish Whistle!
Good job Mom! Maybe someday I'll remember it's St. Patrick's day early enough to make corned beef too! Love ya.

Sigourney Weaver to ya'!

Clint and Kandi said...

This is Pyper. Just want to say.... regret. That corned beef and cabbage was delicous! And I learned what "dark cloud above my head means" who knew blogging would educate me!:)

The Mower Family said...

The first time I ever had corned beef and cabbage was with your family on St Patties day a LONG LONG time ago! It WAS yummy! Glad to see the tradition is still going strong! XOXOXO