
whrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwhrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!WHRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

My Kitchen is a great size and I have always thought it was a great dance floor
for the kids, but four years ago I started thinking that it was not very efficient for cooking. The large bar was far from the oven, fridge and sink. It cut me off from answering the phone or going directly out the back door. My mind dreamed of an island. No, not in the sea, but in the middle of my kitchen. A handy dandy island with free passage all around and seating as well.
After talking about it forever (four years), last Monday I grabbed the circular saw and cut that bar right off! It scared the kids. Everyone of them said "does dad know?" He didn't. They ask because, well, he really does not like it when I do stuff like this, but I suddenly couldn't stand it anymore. I believe he felt better when I told him that I was determined to do this renovation without spending any money. Besides, I already had the extra box of wood plank flooring!
A week later and well, we did it. Spencer helped so much and Clint reluctantly pitched in. We are still finishing up the trim along the floor. I have included a before and after photo. See cutie pie taylor and pyper modeling my blue formica countertops while sitting on the huge bar in the before pic? Clint got me new appliances 2 years ago for christmas and I had painted our formica in the drama black 2 years ago too. So, after zero dollars and some intense floor moments.....I finally have the bar I've dreamed of and I love the difference!

6 comments:
Wowzers!!! It looks fantastic!! Go you for doing yourself and reusing what you already had!
Most impressive! I need to stop by and see it in person.
I am so impressed with your "skills", Kandi.
Kandi you are my inspiration! I LOVE that you did it yourself! This is something I would tell Kelly "we can do it, easy" and he would roll his eyes. But NOW I have proof that stuff like this CAN be done! Looks awesome! You rock!!!! Would have loved to see the pictures of you with the saw :) XOXOXO
WOAH MOM! Good job!!! You guys are awesome...the bar and the floor look great! My question is: So why is the long side of the counter by the sink, and opposite the barstools!? Or is it centered and I can't tell? You must have been able to move the top of the counter right? I am just so amazed. Good job mom...I always knew you had it in you...ever since you pounded a hole in the closet on Oxbow.
HOLY COW! It looks fantastic! You are super woman. There is no way I would have even known where to start..
Mom, I told matt about your renovation technique ... you start it, then dad will say you're doing it wrong, and he finishes it. He laughed. Good make Mom.
Post a Comment